- ½ lb pork, ground
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 bitter melon
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Combine the ground pork, soy sauce, garlic powder, and pepper in a bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Slice the bitter melon into 1 to 1 1/2 inch thick rounds. Using a small knife, remove the seeded interior.
- Fill each bitter melon ring with the pork mixture, making sure to that each ring is fully stuffed.
Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Drop in the stuffed bitter melon rings.
- Simmer over medium heat until the bitter melon is tender and easily cut with a spoon, 30 to 45 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Season with 1 teaspoon of soy sauce and fish sauce. Stir in green onions.