- Finely dice the red onions.
- Mince the garlic.
- Place a full stick of butter into a pan on medium heat, wait until melted.
- Sprinkle flour onto the butter, whisking for about 5 minutes.
- Once the mixture begins to brown, add in the onions and garlic. Stir for 1 minute.
- Pour in milk and continue stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- As you stir, in a separate pot, place in a few tablespoons of butter until melted.
- Add in spinach slowly, stirring.
- Stop stirring spinach once it has wilted.
- Spoon spinach into the cream sauce, stirring as you add it in.