- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 2-3 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup kimchi with juice, chopped
- 1 tbs gochujang
- 1 sheet seaweed, cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Start off by straining the kimchi using a strainer. Make sure to catch the juice in a bowl and set aside. Meanwhile, add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil to a non-stick pan and bring it to medium heat, coating the entire pan, then add 1 teaspoon chopped garlic and 1 teaspoon minced onion and stir around.
- Add the drained kimchi to the pan and stir, cooking it for 1 minute, then add the leftover rice.
Using a wooden spatula, break down the chunks of rice and fold the kimchi and rice together. Add the gochujang and continue folding until it is mixed in well, then repeat for the sesame oil and seaweed strips.
- Serve onto a plate and sprinkle some sesame seed sand extra seaweed strips if desired