- 1/2 Small Yellow Onion or Red Onion
- 3 Cups of Chicken Stock (any stock will work)
- 1 Roma tomato, quartered
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 5 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 Cups Long Grain Rice, don’t wash the rice
- Add chicken stock, tomatoes, onion, salt and pepper in a blender. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet with the oil at medium heat.
- Add the rice to toast and brown the rice to keep it from being mushy.
- Add the rice, make sure you coat the rice with the oil.
- Once the rice is browned, add the stock mixture.
- Bring the rice and stock to a boil and cover.
- Lower temperature to low, and leave it cooking for 15 min.
- Remove lid once it’s cooked.
- Fluff the rice with a spatula.
- Goes well with everything! Buen provecho!