- 1/4 yellow onion, peeled
- 1/4 head garlic, peeled
- 1/4 asian pear
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tbsp sesame seed
- 4 New York strip steak, 3/4 inch thick
- In a blender, add onion, garlic, pear and water. Transfer onion mixture in a big casserole dish
- Add soy sauce up to sesame seed in the onion mixture. Mix well until sugar is dissolved.
- Poke steaks with a fork to tenderize.
- Transfer steak in the casserole dish. Cover and put in the refrigerator. Make sure you flip the steak every hour for 4 hours.
- Remove steak out of the fridge and leave in room temperature for 45 min
- Grill steak to medium rare for 7 mins each side in lowest setting.
- Serve with rice and kimchi