FOR THE TRI-TIP
FOR THE SANDWICH
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2-3 pounds trimmed tri-tip roast
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic onion and cayenne pepper.
- Liberally apply seasoning on both sides of tri-tip. Store in plastic bag and refrigerate for 3 to 24 hours.
- Set burners to high and preheat grill to 500°F. Place tri-tip over direct heat and sear 4 minutes on each side. Place tri-tip in a aluminum tray disposable pan and cover with foil. Adjust heat in the grill at 300F. Place pan with tri-tip on cooler side of grill. Close lid and cook for 2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 130°F. Remove from grill, and transfer tri-tip on cutting board. Cut meat against the grain.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and garlic. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Slice french roll bread lengthwise. Grill flat side down on the grill. Once toasted, spread aioli on grilled bread, top with tri-tip, queso fresco and mixed baby greens.