- 9 oz small, firm zucchini
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch fresh chives
- 5 eggs
- 5 tbsp milk
- Wash the zucchini, trim the ends, and slice thinly. Then, cut the slices into small strips.
- Peel and mince the onion and garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini, onion, and garlic, and sauce until the vegetables are tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Wash, dry, and finely chop the chives.
- Whisk the eggs with the milk, and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add half of the chives to the egg-milk mixture and pour over the zucchini. Lift the pan and swirl the mixture so that it spreads out evenly in the pan.
- Cook over low heat until the eggs are set.
- Invert the frittata onto a plate and slide it back into the skillet on the other side and cook for another 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.